[Miscellany]

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm dope on the floor and I'm magic on the mic.

apparently MC Hammer has a blog at blogspot. Good god, I was considering moving to dl but now I'm going to have to rethink the whole move - you are the company you keep after all! I was 12 or 13 when U Can't Touch This came out and I remember sitting down to dinner watching The Factory or whatever-the-hell music show was on at dinner time when that song came on. My father, whose tollerance for crap waned as we moved past the 80s and into the 90s just threw down his fork and started shouting his head off (actually first my mother killed herself laughing about the pants and the waste of extra material). "This man is on drugs!!" I think were his exact words. And then the TV went off, and no more music was to be had during dinner from there on in. Great, thanks for that "Hammer".

Incidentally what the hell was going on with rap at that time? Not only did we have Hammer with his 'could stuff a watermelon down there and noone would even notice' pants (and hey, remember when he challenged Michael Jackson to a dance off? haha), but also Kris Kros (the boys who wore everything backwards, wiggida wiggida wiggida wack!) Snow (I likky boom boom down - say WHAT? - type reggae that I'm sure even HE hated) and not to mention everyone's favourite Vanilla Ice (think Eminem but with fluro outfits and an Elvis hairdo). I'm surprised that I'm not even *more* fucked up than I already am. Music in the early 90s was...well, it was scary folks. Thank god for grunge.

I've been contemplating this move a lot. Some folks have banded together to (maybe) form a new d-x from the ground up. Adding new features but keeping all the cool bits (this would be absolutely brilliant, since dx was bar none the best service out there..well except for the dumb mistakes regarding the server). I don't really know what to do now. I *was* all ready to move to dl (and I mean ready) but it's not like I want to move journals 80 thousand times in one year. But how long do I really want to wait?

I've had Juke Box Hero - Foreigner in my head for the past two days. I could think of worse songs..
...hammertime!


Archives