[Miscellany]

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

dumb question..

The thing about me is that I'll ask the questions that everyone is thinking but can't be arsed asking themselves. It's probably the only way in which I'm actually direct. If I want to know something I'll just ask. I don't ever mean to do it in a mean or nasty way. I'm certainly not a bitch about it - but it just all comes out because I'm curious about the details. I want to know dammit! Why won't you tell me? Tell meeeeee!

In my first year at the school the staff had to do this course in resilience. This mostly involves dancing around barefoot while clinging finger cymbals and hugging trees, followed by a healthy lunch of beetroot slices and alfalfa shoots on rye bread and then finishing it off by telling eachother how wonderful and gifted we all think we are, (when really it's apparent that we all hate eachother). Part of the day had us analysing a bunch of categories and having to nominate eachother to go in each category. I was nominated for:
Creative.
Humorous.
Inquisitive.
Prin actually nominated me as Inquisitive. She said that I asked questions and was interested. At the time I just shrugged it off as her trying to include me in on something as people might not know me well enough yet (I had only been at the school for about a month at this stage). But as the years have gone on I realised she was right. I guess I am inquisitive.

I don't do well (understanding-wise) when people are vague about the who, what, why, when, how? I don't understand it when people speak in metaphors. It took me so long to get the gist of what S at the school was going on about because she is one of those metaphoric people ("oh well, they'll all work it out really quickly once the game is written down" - who knew she was talking about Literacy groups?). I had to go next door to RO and have everything translated for me in English!

The thing is, I want to know exactly what makes people tick. I want to know what your politics are. I want to know if you believe in god and why. I want to know if you're a feminist and why/why not? God knows I don't actually judge people (well not much anyway) based on their politics/religion/sexuality/idealistic beliefs. For the most part, my best friends don't share my ideological beliefs and neither do my family - but I still love them. I like them more if they're willing to talk about it actually, because then I "get them" more. I'm just interested, really!

But, I'm a hypocrite. If I don't like the question, I'll find a way to sideswipe it - or just refuse to answer it at all. So there you go.

I hope you don't hold that against me.

So I read this little tidbit where Jonathan Rhys Meyers says that

"I've only had one girlfriend who I didn't cheat on. Men are like that. No matter how many times you eat pasta, some night you're going to want steak."

and that The star also claims Brad Pitt couldn't help leaving Jennifer Aniston for co-star Angelina Jolie because he is a man.

I pretty much hate Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Jennifer Aniston's tan on the Oscars last night was ridiculous!
(as an aside, I want to have Jon Stewart's babies).

So, whaddya reckon (not about Jon Stewart..about the cheating thing)?
yes I bloody *know* that women cheat too. Don't get your knickers in a knot! ;)

Cheating in general - Is it human nature to cheat? Okay? Not okay? Guilty?


Archives