[Miscellany]

Thursday, September 07, 2006

no good.

There is this great little children's story called Alexander, and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. It's about this kid, Alexander, who is having a bad day. The worst day in fact. It's so bad that the only cure is getting on a jet plane and going to Australia. No one has a bad day in Australia, do they?

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."

I love that book.

The only thing I want to know is; If I'm having a terrile, horrible, no good, very bad day and I'm already in Australia. What's my cure?

sigh.


Archives