[Miscellany]

Saturday, October 28, 2006

anal queen

My single friend L is still very much into the party scene and clubbing, actually I know a few singles my age who are still out there actively looking for a guy. Personally I can't stand the "got to get out there and get myself a man" mentality. I find it shallow, obsessive and just a tad worrying. I mean don't you have any other interests or loves? Don't you like yourself at least a little? Sure, I may end up alone and eating cat food for dinner but at least I'm not someone I'd hate to spend time around. Even though I love my friends I can't stand to be around them when they are on the "manhunt". I would rather do much more casual stuff - eat food, drink wine, watch a movie, see a band, piss fart around in my pjs and eventually get into a fight with myself. It's like I've already settled down...only I've gone and done it with myself.

There are only three times when I am irritated by my singledom.
1) Events such as weddings, valentines day and parties where I am forced to endure the pain alone.
2) Christmas/Easter with my family where I am constantly reminded of how EVERYONE WILL DIE BEFORE I HAVE A BABY. PLEASE GET MARRIED AND HAVE A BABY...I MEAN, YOU'RE STILL YOUNG...BUT ACTUALLY YOU'RE NOT THAT YOUNG..OMG HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!
3) Money matters - such as buying a house. I never thought about my singledom as a negative thing in terms of getting on with my life until I started looking for a house. I've realised that everything costs more for single people and is way harder for me. I have no sympathy for couples trying to meet mortgages anymore. Nope. They can take their townhouses, stubby holders and aprons with boobs on them and fuck right off with their complaining. Two wages - none of which is a teacher salary? You are in PARADISE! Being single and actually wanting to have a house AND a life is a pipe dream.

Apart from that - I'm peaches. err.. No, really I am. I don't want to be on the prowl and I am sort of creeped out by people who are. Having said that though, last night when I met up with some girls for drinks it was a fun time even though they are all on the prowl. I realised that for once the marrieds were in the minority. And suddenly those questions that every single person hates like so what's happening on the guy scene? Anyone nice? Are you with anyone? were suddenly turned around and it was more like sooooo when are you having babies huh?. HAHA, I admit, it was fun seeing someone else squirm around the tough questions for once. But the point was that most of us were single in the group and I looked around and I can't think why.

Take B, for instance - she is down from BrisVegas where she insists there are NO SINGLE MEN and that there are 14000 more women than men in that city because all the good ones end up going to Sydney and Melbourne for jobs. I still don't get it. B literally looks like a cross between Naomi Watts and Scarlett Johansson (not kidding). She is hot and lovely. Yes, okay - she's absolutely obsessed with finding a guy and when she's with someone things get a bit weird. But she's at that stage where she can't even meet someone for something semi-casual.

I don't get it. She is a walking wet dream. So, are men dumb or does she send out some sort of "I want to settle down NOW" vibe that they pick up on and run? Incidentally - why are men afraid of settling down so much?

But listening to her stories about life in BrisVegas (place of no single men) was hilarious.

Meanwhile, the conversation took a turn for the worse when we started discussing an old high school friend of ours who saved herself until she was married. I was all like hey, that's totally cool - good on her if that's what she wants to do and the guy must be a real good one if he's going to wait etc. Until that was, when I found out that she was giving BJs and having anal sex all throughout high school. I'm sorry - if you are an anal queen, you cannot specify yourself as virgin. Or can you? What do you think?

*EDIT: I have gotten more visits from people looking for "anal sex" and "anal virgins" than I have real readers today! I feel so proud.*


Archives