[Miscellany]

Monday, October 16, 2006

Meme Schmeme

Stolen from Landy. Blame him.

Do you snore?
I go through snoring stages. It might have something to do with having a blocked nose. Either way I'm a tosser, turner, wakeruperer, so snoring or not I'm going to annoy the absolute christ out of you anyway.

Are you a lover or a fighter?
My first thought was I'm a pacifist. Politically, I don't see the point in war. There are many who will dissagree with me but fuck yas, I don't apologise for my dirty hippy feelings about it at all. Join the love train baby!

Then I thought about it some more and I realised on a personal level sometimes I will purposefully nudge at people until I get a certain reaction. I guess that counts as fighting.

Bottom line - lovin' over fightin'.

What's you worst fear?

Overall - not being able to fend for myself and having to rely on others financialy and otherwise.

As a kid, were you a Lego maniac?
Oh yeah, I was a lego freak. Bro and I would always beg for more lego at the store. Of course my parents never just bought us stuff so we had to make do with what we had. I bought a tub of lego for my classroom last year - half the time I want to play with it myself (though would have to sterilize it first).

What do you think of reality TV?
Yeah, I'm a reality TV whore. I scoff at shows like Grey's Anatomy because they are trash but will happily watch Aussie Idol (what the hell is up with Bobby being voted off yet keeping on that talentless boring wench? Jesus fuck, I hate the Australian public). So yeah.


Do you chew on your straws?

The other day I went to the movies and took two straws into the cinema with me. I didn't use the straws to drink from. I took them in especially to chew and fiddle with.

Were you a cute baby?
My parents didn't take many pictures of either my bro or I when we were babies. I guess I was cute. Aren't all babies cute? I think so.

Is the single life for you?

I was thinking about this the other day. I think I would love to be in a committed loving relationship with all the nice stuff that goes with that. But ultimately I would rather be alone and happy than with someone that made me unhappy or I didn't love. Despite all jokes to the contrary I'm perfectly happy being single - I have always been content when I'm alone, it's only when others act all sympathetic towards me for being a singleton that it ever gets me down (like the parent who came in the other day and practically signed me up to a dating service).

What color is your keyboard?
Well, on the Mac it's white. On the thinkpad it's black.

Do you sing in the shower?
yep :) But moreso I tend to just talk to myself or nut things out in the shower.

Have you ever bungee jumped?

nope.

Any secret talents?
I steal Landy's answer - it wouldn't be a secret if I told.


What is your ideal vacation spot?

Somewhere that isn't too hot, that has many things to do and see, that has a different accent/language.

Can you swim?
I'm Australian. Of course. I loved swimming as a child/teen. I should get back into it.

Have you seen the movie Donnie Darko?
yep.

Do you give a damn about the ozone?
There is a distinct difference in this city in the way that the sun burns your skin from a few years ago. You used to be able to stand in the sun no worries. Now you can literally feel it burn. That's really fucking worrying.

How many licks does it take to get the center of a Tootsie Pop?
huh? Is this an oral sex thing?

Can you sing the alphabet backwards?
uh, no.

Do you prefer electric or manual pencil sharpeners?

Manual, I like seeing the shavings curl upwards as I sharpen.

What's your stand on hunting?

Hunting what?

Is marriage in your future?
According to psychic - yes. According to me - only to God (or a pet cat).

Do you like your handwriting?
Depends which handwriting. It tends to change with each of my multiple personalities. Sybil eat your heart out.

What are you allergic to?
I think I've developed hay fever in the last year or so. ugh.

When was the last time you said "I love you"?
A few days ago.

Do you cry at weddings?
Not as a rule. Not a big public crier.

How do you like your eggs?
fertilized. hahahaha ..ewww.

Are blondes dumb?
Only blond men.

Where does the other sock end up?
Starbucks coffee machine.

What time is it?
9.45pm and I've already fallen asleep a couple of times doing this. I am such a Nanna.

Do you have a nickname?
Whaddya reckon?

Is McDonalds disgusting?

Hungry Jacks is waaaay more disgusting than Maccers. Fact.

When was the last time you were in a car?
a few hours ago.

Do you prefer baths or showers?
Well, baths of course but who can be fucked waiting for them to fill up etc etc?

Is Santa Claus real?
I taught the infant grades for a couple of years so yeah - he's real, so is the tooth fairy and so is the Easter bunny.

Do you like to have your neck kissed?
It's only my happy place :)

Are you afraid of the dark?
Nope.

What are you addicted to?
chocolate. I have it BAD.

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
crunchy! For fucks sake, if you like smooth tell me now so I can put your name on the crazy list.

Can you crack your neck?

not really.

Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
nope.

Is drug free the way to be?
no but maybe free drugs is.

Are you a heavy sleeper?
I used to be but now I'm up all the time.

What color are your eyes?
Only a couple have noticed that they're anything other than brown. I always thought the person who *really* noticed them would end up being my soul mate. That, in effect has probably turned out to be true.

Do you like your life?

Sometimes loving it so much I can't stop grinning. Sometimes hating it so much it hurts.

Are you psychic?
yeah nah

Have you read Catcher in the Rye?

of course!

Do you play any instruments?
Not anymore.
(I was gonna say the hairy banjo but that would be crude).

Have you ever stolen money?
yes, bro and I used to steal from this money jar my parents had. There was probably about $150 bucks worth of coins in there and we'd steal some of it from time to time to go down to the milkbar and buy lollies. When my parents found out we GOT THE STRAP! Fo real.

Can you snowboard?
hahaha, I couldn't even skateboard without freaking out!

Do you like camping?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *snort*
oh christ, that's a good one.

Do you snort when you laugh?
...

Do you believe in magic?
I believe in Agnes Moorehead.

Are dogs a man's best friend?
Man? probably. Try diamonds for women.

Do you believe in divorce?
Well, for some it's the release that they need. For other's it's just the easy way out. I never want to go there.

Can you do the moonwalk?
..you've read me long enough. Do you think I can do the moonwalk?

Do you make a lot of mistakes?
I fuck up all the time!

Is it cold outside today?

Nope, it was warm.

What was the last thing you ate?
Okay, rather embarrassing but buckwheat crisp bread with cheese spread.

Do you wear nail polish?

I haven't in ages actually. It's pointless when you know that in the AR any kind of polish lasts about 2 seconds. It's a shame because I do love it.

How many people do you like right now?
There might be a crush or two, but is all a lost cause.

What's the most annoying TV commercial?
That one with the worker type people dragging limp bodies around behind them. I have no idea what it's supposed to be advertising. It's just dumb.

Do you shop at American Eagle?
uh no, and the fact that there is a store called that makes me lolz.

Favorite song at the moment?
Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs


Archives