[Miscellany]

Monday, May 22, 2006

everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather.


I can't believe I missed the eurovision song contest on tele last night. I don't think I've missed it since I was 8 and of course the one year I miss it the crappy faux Gwar-like tribute band win. Boy do I feel jipped! I blame Tracey Grimshaw and her bland interview with the miners (what the hell was going on with her lips?) for distracting me.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Todd Russell has had enough of underground buddy Brant Webb? After two weeks of listening to him going on and on and on, who wouldn't? I love that bit where Todd is telling Trace (old friends), how hard it was for him to write his son a goodbye letter and he starts crying. Trace is giving him a moment when.. Brant Webb interrupts the heartbreaking tale with the old "Hey, I've got a funny story!!". Onya mate, great imput there! Back into the mine with you.

Here's a little tidbit for ya: Today I wore the wrong knickers and by wrong I mean really wrong. I accidentally wore the pair that fall down. Guess where I was when that happened? BUNNINGS WAREHOUSE (of the infamous skirt falling down incident)! I'm going to start charging for the shows I put on there, honestly!




Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot.

Is there a more perfect song? Okay, probably there is - but you cannot go past Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon for perfect indie pop royalty. I cannot say enough good things about this song. The guitar work is brilliant, the first min and a half is there to trick you and it does. It's just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I've been listening to it all day.


Powered by Castpost

Labels:



Archives