[Miscellany]

Monday, May 01, 2006

rode the el nino



Today: a remix (gasp!). Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf Mix) by The Pixies . I'm not sure if it's a cardinal sin to love this version above the original but I just do. If you want to fight me in a dark alley way with a filed down toothbrush over it then you're on - It *is* just that much better.

I first heard the UK surf mix, in the movie Pump Up the Volume. Boy did I have it bad for Christian Slater (hello glasses!). After hearing Wave of Mutilation I remember just sitting there stunned for a minute and then rewinding the tape (god bless VHS), again and again and again just to listen to it.

It's probably one of those songs you either love or hate. Musically it's not one of their best but when it gets you it gets you: I just went straight to love and never turned back. And since I'm a mean reds phase at the moment, just bear with me while turn up the melancholy up a bit...


Powered by Castpost

Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf Mix) - The Pixies.

Labels:



Archives