[Miscellany]

Thursday, November 23, 2006

sickly

The good thing about being off sick from work is being in your pajamas all day long and not feeling guilty about it - not even one bit. Okay, it is true that I pretty much spend all my holidays in my pajamas and not feeling guilty at all (if is there any outfit that is better than yer pjs then I wanna hear about it) but, it's nice to have an excuse anyway.

I knew I was sick because half was through my lessons on Tuesday I thought, fuck me if I talk, I'll throw up all over the kids. So I stopped talking and at the end of the lesson when little miss wanna be teacher's pet came up to tell me that we didn't get all the sewing needles* back I didn't care. She could have come up to me and told me that there was a kid EATING needles and I wouldn't have cared. I was so nauseous I couldn't see straight. Luckily at that moment the Italian teacher walked past like a knight in shining armour (except he was in shorts, t-shirt and long socks - whyyy?) and I explained my predicament while holding my hands over my mouth and running for the loo (on the other side of the school, of course). I can't think of a job where it is more of a pain in the arse to be sick at than teaching (okay, maybe if you were fighting in a war and you couldn't stop sneezing while you were on a stakeout then it'd be a bit stressful - does one go on stakeouts during the war? I have no idea).

Since then I have been making good friends with the toilet seat and crap TV. Yay me. Still, being sick is actually more fun than teaching the grade 5/6s sorry to say.

Things I have been doing while sick

* Watching my DVD of The Henderson Kids, which was my all time favourite show (after Neighbours and Family Ties and maybe Charles in Charge, err..also Growing Pains..okay I was a total TV whore) in the 80s.

* Finally finished watching Weeds (oh no, I'm going to have to cross Martin Donovan off my TV boyfriend's list. He turned out mean :( boo). And starting on Heroes (perhaps am still a TV whore).

* Sleeping

* On the email to friends who are at work Soooo, whatcha doing?

* reading blogs, why don't you guys update more often? Geez!!!!!

* Feeling guilty about reading blogs all day and getting irrationally angry because they are not updated enough.

* Listening to the Ipod (Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting, deedeedeedeedoodoodededoo).

* Thinking I'm well enough for ice-cream and then finding out I'm not.

* Two hours later: Maybe I'm okay for ice-cream now ...Nope, I'm not.

* Playing the "if I won a million dollars on the tattslotto what would I buy?" game.

* Doing that thing where I look at something in the room and close one eye and switch eyes. Camera one, camera two, camera one, camera two.

* contemplating disappearing from existence by taking a holiday in December/Jan. Somewhere not hot. ugh.

Aaaand that's about it really. As you can see I lead a very full and exciting life.



*Incidentally I almost failed sewing when I was in school. I can't sew for SHIT and now I'm teaching others to sew! Actually now that I think of it, some of the kids in the grade were better than me at it!

Labels: ,



Archives