[Miscellany]

Monday, December 11, 2006

heartbeats

We're feeling the effects of the fires blazing in the North East of Victoria through the distinct smell of smoke in the air and haze blocking view of building and tree tops in Melbourne. You know things are bad when you can smell the burn of bushland a few hours north in the heart of the city. The land is ripe for burning - not just Victoria, everywhere really.

Everyone is talking about the heat..or not talking at all because it's too much effort - escaping to the smokey beaches, or smokey backyard pools, or anywhere that has air conditioning. I'm thinking about the people in thick of it - making decisions about whether to evacuate or not. Is a house just a house, or is it more than that? I don't know - I'm reminded of Ash Wednesday and how smokey the city was then. I hope the cool change brings some relief for the fire fighters.

My Musical Monday today has no back story, it has no big meaning in my life. It's just a song I like and hell, I first heard it on a television commercial! So kill me for being so pedestrian but hey - I like it, and it's perfect for this little mood I'm going through. I hope you like it too. It's sweet and just a little bit on the sad side.



Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats


Labels: ,



Archives