[Miscellany]

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily

I haven't been having any school based anxiety dreams lately but even the ones I have are thinly veiled disguises of angst.

In my dream last night I was down at the beach with my friend L. We were staying at her holiday house. It was a cold and already dark out but we decided to take a walk when we came across a sign that said there was a ferry leaving for Tasmania in 20 minutes. We decided that since we had never been to Tassie that it would be fun to go, stay the night and then come back late the next day. When we got there the port was busy with people who like us had decided at the last minute. Noone had any luggage. We waited for the ferry but it never came. The "captain" emerged from his office a few hours later and told us that we'd have to ride on plastic and polystyrene meat trays to Tassie instead. So we were all ushered into the ocean where we had to precariously balance our behinds on meat trays - with minimal movement they only just floated. I kept thinking how are we going to make it? and started panicking. Everyone else was jolly, happy and excited about it (of course) while I was freaking out. I didn't understand why no one else saw the dangers of sailing the turbulent seas (or the Strait as it may be) on a meat tray. Are people crazy?

Then the skies opened up and it started raining. People started sinking and the captain decided that we should set sail the next day instead. Fine by me - I was still hoping the ferry would turn up! So we all abandoned our sinking meat trays and found shelter in a big hall. Inside it was warm, cosy and everyone relaxed into having a fun time - people were playing charades or card games or just talking. It felt like school camp when it rains and instead of going on the night hike to see the glow bugs you have to have an inside playtime at the hall. There were a couple of bloggers there but we didn't talk.

The next day I felt that familiar dread again as we headed back to the port for our trip to Tassie. Somehow instead of a meat tray I scored a pillow! It was a latex one so it floated okay. It was sunny and warm and I was feeling a bit better about the whole trip now. A meat tray was impossible but a pillow I could do. Nicole Kidman turned up (fashionably late) and was given a meat tray - she couldn't float for shit. Then just as I was beginning to feel comfortable bro came along and pushed me under.


Alphabet Meme (stolen from tits list:

A- Available or single? spinster.
B- Best Friend? a few - maybe E or #1 or bro.
C- Cake or Pie? I made a killer spinach and ricotta pie (yes I MADE it, from SCRATCH and it was GOOD) but I still pick cake because I love cake.
D- Drink of Choice? At the moment it's chocolate milkshakes.
E- Essential Item? laptop. I quite pathetically can't live without it.
F- Favorite Color? crimson and other deviations from and around that.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? bears.
H- Hometown? Melb
I- Indulgence? chocolate
J- January or February? January (February is filled with too much school and not enough holidays).
K- Kids? Guappo my fake adopted Somalian child.
L- Life is incomplete without? a morning cuppa (yeahyeah okay LOVE... probably).
M- Marriage Date? HAHAHAHHAHA
N- Number of Siblings? bro.
O- Oranges or apples? when they are in season and are really juicy orange, definitely.
P- Phobias/Fears? spiders, dentist (argh), snakes. I've also developed a tiny bit of agoraphobia it's very slight but as much as I love them sometimes I'd just rather not look at wide open spaces. I've also developed this anxiety about the phone. I very rarely call people and when I do it has to be for a good reason and it takes me about 3 or 4 tries to actually dial the number. I have NO IDEA where this came from.
(hm, just re-read over that and realise what a complete nutter I sound like).
Q- Favorite Quote? “Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” (Neil Gaiman)
R- Reason to Smile? a dream, a thought..
S- Season? Autumn.
T- Tag three people! you.
U- Unusual Talent or Skill? I can bend forward without bending my legs and put both palms flat on the floor ...and some. Hardly a talent or skill though. lol.
V- Vegetable? pretty much anything roasted. mmm.
W- Worst Habit? I will not put things away until I'm good and ready to do so (this could take up to a month).
X- X-Rays? teeth (did I mention I'm terrified of the dentist?), ankle, chest (when they couldn't figure out why I kept having "asthma" attacks and then fainting. THAT was fun), head (sinus), girl stuff (that was REALLY fun).
Y- Yummy Foods I Make: um, the cooking gene did not cross the womb for some reason.
Z- Zodiac Sign: Aries: yes, yes challenging and infuriating people since 1978.


In other (amusing) news:






You could see this one coming. Would you worship the sceptre of Cruise like Katie does? Well then there's only one place left to go with this revelation. Must I be the first to say it?


WHEN DO WE GET TO CRUCIFY HIM?

Labels:



Archives