[Miscellany]

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mango Tree

It's Monday afternoon and I could almost fall asleep under the Art Room bench. In fact I almost didn't make it out of bed this morning. I awoke momentarily only to roll right over and fall asleep again. Thank god I woke up again, not quite in time for a shower, but with enough time to rush and just make it. Don't you just hate days like that? You're already behind from the beginning. It was a stroke of genius to stay behind on Friday afternoon last week and set up the AR for this morning. Lucky me.

My weekend was a mix of friends and family as it tends to be on Mother's Day weekends. The 30th birthdays have started in full swing and it's a little scary to tell you the truth. The big difference between the 21st and the 30ths is that by 1am you actually are tired AND willing to submit to the tiredness. Plus you make your own speeches rather than have someone else do the dirty on you. By 30 I guess you're owning it. That's kind of cool. I've started to think of 21 year olds as kids now, so I guess I'm well and truly past it. Everyone seems to agree, leaving the 20s is hard but the 30s sound like much more fun.

It was interesting catching up with the buds for this particular 30th. B, we hardly see anymore since she up and moved to the country with two children in tow (definitely a yummy mummy). G is starting to scour the internet for true love (I told her about my experiment a while back. She tells me to submit it as an article to Cleo. lol), M is as always the perfect host and #2 is still living the rockstar lifestyle - which is apt since she married a muso. As for me - there's something NQR. As always is the theme with me: I'm still waiting for this life thing to happen. I don't know why it's so hard for me to just leave everything behind and take a chance to make a change (whatever that chance and change may be), but alas it is. Funny, since I'm normally so spontaneous in everything I do.

But yes, something needs to change. I'm finding that I'm not even being myself anymore. It's like I'm playing M the character, the protagonist in my own story - and that doesn't seem like a way to live a life. But how do you? How do you change?

Anyway, today's Musical Monday is simply a song I heard on the tele yesterday afternoon - on the Sunday Arts program on the ABC. Not quite high brow but it's not Big Brother so that's something. A brother and sister duo Angus and Julia Stone whom I'd never heard of before - with their song Mango Tree. It's been playfully hanging around in my head all morning. I like it being there. I hope you like it too.

Mango Tree - Angus and Julia Stone

















Labels: ,



Archives