[Miscellany]

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the world seems difficult

Being back at school means I'm busier than I've been in many months. I realise now that although the art role was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done - and rewarding beyond belief - this role, teaching these first year students is all encompassing and means not one moment to myself. I'd forgotten how much of yourself you lose when you're a teacher. From wake - almost all the way to sleep I am consumed by my job. I'm putting in 12 hour days every day and come home exhausted, only to wake up to do it all over again. On my salary, that is above and beyond the call of duty. This is not so good for my psychosocial wellbeing but yet it also means I don't have a lot of time on my hands to think about other things that have been getting me down lately - which is probably a good thing. Somehow though, those things - that have been going on lately in my life that I've pushed underneath the carpet - have reared up today anyway. I don't know, sleep seems like such sweet relief at the moment and the only thing I can handle doing that is classified as "me time". It's the only thing in my life I really want to do. That can't be good can it?




The World Seems Difficult - Mental as Anything

The World Seems Difficult

Labels: , , ,



Archives