[Miscellany]

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Vague Possibilities

Last night a friend asked me "if you had all the money in the world and all the things you were worried about were taken care of, what would you want to do with your life?".

I couldn't answer.
I had no idea.
I could hardly believe that I couldn't answer the question.

I have thought about this question a lot over my life.  We all have, haven't we?  If you won lotto and didn't have to worry about paying off the credit cards/mortgage/having to work at your job then what would you do?

The only thing I knew for certain was that I didn't want to answer to alarm clocks and or spend my time performing for a boss but didn't know exactly what kind of job that would be.  I knew I didn't want to work 5 days a week.  I knew I wanted to do something creative - but I couldn't pin point what form that creativity would take.  I knew I wanted to be happy but didn't know what would make me happy.

Talk about vague.

How much of a loser am I that I don't even know what I really want out of life?
I suppose people who know what they want have a better chance of getting it than people who have no fucking idea.

So much for my "I know" phase.

Are you specific about what you want out of life or like me do you wade the murky waters of vague possibilities?

Labels: , , , , , ,



Archives